Thursday 27 March 2014

T-Winge

So my twinge was n't just a twinge at all unfortunately. It was sore all the day Monday but nonetheless after taking Saturday off I decided I needed to do a few miles Monday. Big mistake, even though it wasn't too bad during but when I stopped it got worse. When I iced it, it actually made it worse. I thought back to the last time I experienced this and it was when I had Achilles tendinitis. Oh No!!! I have been resting it completely since and it has improved slightly. I may try a short, and I mean short run this evening to see how it's progressing. I haven't given up on the half marathon on Saturday but at this moment my confidence is quite low.
Running can be so cruel, I'm pretty sure if I had wimped out after the 6th repeat on Sunday I wouldn't be in this situation. And especially since my worrisome hip had cleared up so quickly. Anyway not point in feeling sorry for myself. Just do what I can and keep the fingers crossed.
Monday: 7.54miles @7.48 HR126

2 comments:

bricey said...

Frank, sounds to me like you need to take it easy for a while. I've been battling for with various calf injuries for the past couple of years and invariably running too far too soon has made things worse and delayed the recovery process. Getting too old and recovery is taking too long these days :)

Otherwise, good to see that your getting back at it.

Rgds Brendan

frankeee said...

Cheers Brendan, had just posted this morning when I saw your comment. I've promised myself if it doesn't feel right warming up I won't start. Fingers crossed though. Hope you're soon on the mend yourself!