Wednesday 5 March 2014

Junk food & junk miles

Was extremely tired on Friday and even had to stop for a break during a 1 hour run. Felt slightly better on Saturday and got another hour in. The weekend sort of fell apart from there. I was entertaining a friend for the weekend so there was lots of wine & beer and not the most wholesome of food. Unfortunately I'm a "might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb" type so when I'm bad I'm terrible. Pizza, Icecream, pastries, you name it! Was afraid to step on the scales until yesterday and as I feared I had gained over 3 kgs. Now I know this is impossible and a lot of it is water retention due to high salt etc. but it's still not ideal with Ballycotton only a few days away. Thankfully I have regained my discipline since Monday & I was 1 kg lighter this morning. If I can get anyway close to last Friday's weight (62.7kg) by Sunday morning I'll be happy, but I won't dwell on it. At least today (Ash Wednesday) is fast and abstinence after all :)
Finished off last week with about 40 minutes Sunday. My original plan was to do a hill session but the pints Saturday night put paid to that. In the end they were junk miles & I only did them to make sure I had 80 in total for the week.
Friday: 7.6miles @ 7:53 HR127
Saturday: 8.5miles @7:53 HR129
Sunday: 4.8miles @8:06 HR127
Weekly Total: 80miles

No comments: