Saturday 29 March 2014

Follow the blue line

Just killing some time before breakfast, before getting ready to toe the line with Zersenay Tadese et al. I'm both nervous and excited and didn't sleep too well as a result, although I've been sleeping reasonably well all week so hopefully it should n't be an issue. Did a mile and a bit on thursday and hamstring tendon felt ok, but not great. Calf was still very tight which was disappointing.
Got a massage yesterday which hopefully helped, felt good afterwards but I won't know until I test it.
The other reason for my nerves is due to the fact the guy I bought the number from had predicted his time would be 2.30+ so I am down to start at the back & have to drop my bag there. I really hope I can make it back towards the front, but I guess at the very least I need to get there earlier than I would have liked.
Conditions are predicted to be nigh on perfect, 10-12 degrees C with a windspeed of 2 m/s. Course is flat, albeit with some tight corners but it should be suitable for fast times.
When I went to the expo last evening I picked up some caffeinated gels and a Ron Hill gizmo for housing them. You still need to hold it in your hand but hopefully won't be as messy as normal. Was following the blue race line at times on my way to the expo, it really set my heart beating, hopefully I'll get the opportunity to follow it to the end!

No comments: