Saturday 22 March 2014


Planned an easy run of 60-80 minutes after work. Started very slowly but knew within a minute or two I was in trouble. Calf was no worse than usual but hip was as sore as its been in a long time. Gave it a chance to loosen out before deciding discretion was the better part of valour and called it a day before I had even 30 minutes done. Was also really tired after the long run so it wasn't too difficult a decision to make.
 Had planned on going home and icing it but first needed to pick up some stuff I had left at a colleague's place. Hadn't really spoken to anyone outside of work all week so when he said he was going for grub I decided to join him. Find it very hard to order a salad when out (even though on the rare occasion I have, I've usually ended up enjoying it), resisted having a burger thinking the chicken nachos might be slightly healthier. When the plate arrived out it was absolutely smothered with cheese and there was enough to feed a small family. Aagh!! Of course I didn't need to finish but of course I did and washed it down with two beers. But it was nice to unwind and chat so won't complain and I can always make up for it over the weekend. It was around 10PM when I got home but I did manage to do some trigger point massage on my hip with my trusty boule before setting my alarm for 3.20 as I had a flight home at 6am and its over an hour and a bit to the airport. 
 Made it in good time and popped into lounge for a coffee. Was still fairly stuffed and knew I'd get fed on the flight as I was going via Amsterdam. 
 Got a bit of a shock in Amsterdam as I dawdled in the lounge there I noticed at 9AM that my flight was already boarding despite the departure time being 9.40. I was a 15minute walk to the gate and hadn't been through passport control or security yet. As I jogged towards the gate whilst panicking a little (I was pretty sure I wouldn't miss the flight but I was more concerned as I was sitting in row 1 and had a shopping bag so would suffer the dirty looks that I would normally dish out from the less tardy passengers) I took comfort in the fact that I was relatively pain free, even if it was a short trot. 
Didn't manage to get out for a run today and about to hit the hay despite it only being 20:00. But I will do some stretching first, honest. 
Friday: 3.4miles @ 7:50 HR 128bpm

No comments: