Friday 7 March 2014

Almost there...

Well only one run left before toeing the line at Ballycotton. Did an easy run yesterday afternoon with 10 x 100m strides thrown in. Motivation was seriously lacking & felt like going home after 20 minutes. It's strange considering how on the previous 2 Thursdays I ran 20 milers. So much of running is in the mind I guess, as I've quite often felt like this in the build up to a big race. Have a little niggle in my hip as well, so did some foam rolling after & again this morning.
Did an easy 40 minutes this morning & felt ever so slightly more motivated. Was moving out of my house this morning too, so had the thoughts of squeezing everything into boxes playing on my mind.
Looking forward to hitting the road this evening & just getting home.
Weather for Sunday is looking OK at the moment, the wind appears as if it will be across us for a lot of it but doesn't seem to be too strong. Could change yet though! Have times in my head but don't want to make any predictions, but I will be disappointed if I don't at least make the top 100.
Was exactly 64kg this morning, not much else I can do at this stage. Managed to resist the nice bread & cheese someone had left near the coffee machine though & settled for a mandarin.
Thursday: 6.2miles @ 7:41 HR131
Friday: 5.6miles @ 7:36 HR130






No comments: