Wednesday 5 March 2014

Easy *ahem* I mean recovery week

So almost as much as I was dreading the 20mile plus runs I was dreading the easy weeks of which this is my first. It's not that I'm so enthusiastic I want to keep pushing on, it's more that I don't find easy weeks easy. An easy week to me would mean sitting on the couch enjoying a few beers and a pizza every evening (and I've had plenty of easy weeks like that!). So I've renamed this week a recovery week. I've also decided to shake things up a little, instead of running easy for an hour every evening which I find painfully boring I threw in a light session yesterday, after an easy hour on Monday.
I went to the track & did 8 x 400m’s with 400m recovery. Was a bit surprised that the first one was as slow as 82 seconds but thankfully it must have been the shock to system as the remainder were all between 75 (well one) and 79 seconds. Felt myself struggling to breathe a little at times but I guess it was just my lungs needing to be opened up.
Got offered a place (a mass participation, rather than elite place obviously!) in the World Half Marathon Championships which are being held in Copenhagen on the 29th of March. Had wanted to watch this rather than compete but now that it’s been offered I’m sort of considering it as its 5 weeks out from Limerick so wouldn’t be a bad trial. Told the buddy that offered it to me that I would come back to him on it. I had a fast finish long run plan for that week so it wouldn't be a bad substitute.
Monday: 8miles @8:00 HR132

Tuesday: 2miles Warmup 8x400m (82,80,77,76,77,78,75,78) 2miles Cooldown

No comments: