Saturday 20 June 2009

Tempo, Tempo

Planned on doing a session on thursday but had only 4x400's done when my stomach came at me so I decided to pack it in. I was n't exactly flying it so maybe it wasn't a great idea to push it anyway. Didn't get out at all yesterday as to be honest I had a few sherberts on Thursday night so was feeling a bit under the weather to say the least! Managed to rectify things today with a very satisfactory tempo run. The conditions were almost exactly the same as my last one so to be 5 sec's quicker per mile at the exact same HR was great. Splits were (5.40/5.46/6.12/5.52/5.53). That 3rd mile is still my downfall but as I said before it's almost all uphill and into the wind.
Thursday: Warmup:2miles 4x400 in 75secs
Friday:"rest"
Saturday: 1.6warmup 5miles tempo @ 5.52 HR171 Cooldown: 1.4
Total for week:40miles

No comments: