Saturday 13 June 2009

Glanmire 5

Ran the 5 miler in Glanmire on Wednesday, was interested to see how it would go after doing the mini session just over 24 hours earlier. And it went exactly how I would have expected - 28.23 which is a bit slower than I reckon I should be running at the moment. It would have been even slower only that I was caught by a group of 4 with about 1000m to go when in 8th place and really did n't want to break my run of top 10 finishes so managed to hold them off just as they went to come by me and got away from them as soon as I saw the clock at the finish. The fact that I was able to do this meant that I probably was n't pushing hard enough to begin with!! Splits - again terrible (5.10/5.42/5.58/5.48/5.40) the first mile was slightly downhill and mile 3 had a tough but shortish climb. Nobody past me so I guess it was the nature of the course to a certain extent. Only managed 38minutes on grass on thursday, was pretty tired from getting home late from the race and a bit stiff also. Managed a session on the track (tartan not grass)on friday and it went pretty good. It was really windy so pacing was quite difficult but after the first one in 67secs I settled into low 70's before ending with mid 70's as the fatigue took it's toll. It was quite warm and I wasn't wearing racing shoes so I'll take that. Managed a very easy 11 miles today - felt quite tired and stiff but am better after it. Will take it easy now from here untill tuesday before one of my big aims for the summer the John Buckley 5K where a PB & a top 20 T-shirt would be nice...
Wednesday:warmup 3.1 Race 5miles Cooldown:1.5
Thursday: 5miles @ 7.38 HR:132bpm
Friday: warmup 2.6, 10x400m(200m recovery) 1.75 cooldown
Saturday: 11miles @ 7.40 HR:138bpm

No comments: