Sunday 21 June 2009

Heading for the Hills.



Went down to my folks place yesterday afternoon and made arrangements to run with a neighbour of theirs who I race against regularly on the local scene. He swears by a 2 to 2.5hour run he does in the Galtee Mountains most Sunday Mornings. I had joined him once before so I knew what to expect - long,long climbs and a few fairly hairy downhills. I must say I enjoyed it, we managed to stay out for just over 1Hr 50 but it seemed a lot shorter due to the variety of the route. Usually you get some panoramic views of counties Limerick, Cork and Tipperary from the highest point but today it was so foggy you could barely see 100m ahead.Needless to say the pace was pretty slow but according to the Garmin we climbed around 2800ft in total (although I find it's not very accurate at reading altitude) Felt pretty tired at the end but not exhausted, will see how the legs are tomorrow...
Sun:14.33 @ 7.51 HR139

No comments: