Sunday 7 June 2009

Down on the farm

Got my longest run since I came back to Ireland in today and it felt good. Could n't decide between going to Welshtown wood which is north of Midleton or 'the Farm' out near the greyhound track. In the end I went for the farm for no particular reason. Had planned on doing 12 miles or 1.5hours, whichever came second. After the first few miles it became obvious that it was going to be the latter as the miles were flying along at sub 7min pace. It's amazing how much easier a long run is when the pace is quick at modest effort. Went through 8.7 miles in the first hour, it is a little training goal of mine to manage 9 miles in hour at a HR148 average and even though I'm still a bit off it it's nice to think I'm going in that direction hopefully.
One bad thing about today was it rained thoughout which was fine from a cooling perspective but I made the rookie mistake of not putting Vaseline on the nipples and although I didn't draw blood they're pretty red raw at the moment (TMI!)
Sunday: 13miles @ 6.54 HR148bpm

No comments: