Tuesday 30 June 2009

The Early Bird

Despite the weather not being nearly as nice as last monday I still managed to struggle out of bed yesterday morning to run, I hummed and hawed a bit before deciding that the best time to decide whether or not to run was afterwards in the shower. I did the same route as last monday morning but this time even though I could hear the water down at the beach the fog was so thick that I could n't see it. It kinda reminded me of running in the dark in Winter which thankfully is still a few months away. Did 5 miles on grass in the CBS after work which went very well, was banging out 6.45 minute miles without too much effort which was nice. With the Stryker 4 mile on Wednesday, hopefully it'll translate into a good result. Just did a very easy 3 miles this morning in the slight drizzle in the field I used last week (the farmer incidentally had the sense to take in his hay before the rain came) It was nice to see a rather watery sun breaking through the clouds as it rose over Knockadoon head but that was as good as it got on a very dreary 'summers' day! Hadn't ran the day before the last two races but I'm not sure if it makes a difference either way...
Monday: AM:7.6miles @ 6.57 HR141
PM: 5miles @6.46 HR145
Tues: 3miles @ 7.33 HR134

No comments: