Tuesday 3 February 2015

Ready for recovery

Had a pretty busy day Saturday and only got home at 8pm so the notion of a run was never really on th e cards. 
I discovered I had things to do in East Cork on both Sunday evening and Monday morning so decided to stay over. When deciding where to stay exactly I was thinking of near the mardyke in Cork so I could go to the track but then thought there was a good chance it would be frozen.
I then had the brain wave that I could make a return to my old stomping or rather splashing ground at garryvoe hotel where I used to aqua jog before moving to Denmark. With this in mind and too much food in my belly I headed off for my run on Sunday. I did 4 miles at 6.30 pace to see where the legs were (in bits as it turned out) so just ambled to another 4. This brought my weekly total to 81.5 so I decided 30 minutes aqua jogging could round me up to my target of 85.
8miles @7.08 HR 142

The plan was to do 60 minutes Monday morning and not run at all making a good start to my recovery week. I managed to achieve this despite not making it back to the hotel until 2.20am and having to wait 15 minutes for the unapologetic night porter to let me. Still 60 minutes in the water was easier than 60 minutes out in the cold so I was happy enough to take a load off before heading to Dublin for a flight back to Copenhagen.

No comments: