Friday 27 February 2015

Perhaps understandably I was a bit apprehensive attempting my third session in 5 days but I decided since Wednesday s tempo hadn't been that fast maybe I wouldn't need as long recovery. Plus I had only done one run yesterday. Regardless I decided no matter what I did it would be a bonus on an already good, if not incredible week. Today is also the least windy of the week so far which made a nice change. 
 The plan was for mile repeats again and I said the best way to start was to attack it from the off and hold on for dear life. 
With this in mind I was below 5minute miling for the first lap and even though it got very tough I managed to hang on for a 5.28. Muy Buen! Approached the second with the same strategy and achieved the same result off 2.30 recovery. Said I'd definitely do 3 and then perhaps reevaluate and duly knocked out a 5.32. So far so good but was really starting to tire now. Managed a 4th in 5.36 but it was on the 5th the wheels came off and I ended up stopping after one lap (87 sec btw). Hmm what to do. Decided maybe a few 400s wouldn't go astray especially since I'd unwittingly already done the first. Felt okay on the second and managed 75 seconds which I was happy enough with. The next was a little slower in 78 but still acceptable. My pace was a bit slower on the next and the effort was a bit less. So much so I kept going and going and ended up with a mile in 5.33! Finished off with another 400 in 81 to complete a strange session but worthwhile.
Happy to have all my speedwork out of the way, although I know there's the small matter of a long run to come. Still I feel I can relax a little now, so much so I'm still at the track two hours later, stretched and foam rolled enjoying a coffee in the sun. This is the life :) 

2 mile warm up. 5x 1mile 4x400m 2.5mile warm down 12miles total

No comments: