Wednesday 25 February 2015

going around in circles

Yesterday was meant to be a relatively easy day but it felt anything but. After breakfast I headed out on a route recommended by a guy in the hotel. Straight away it went up, up, up which was no fun, fun, fun. I struggled through it though and was thinking maybe I suffered due to a lack of carbs at breakfast, or maybe I just felt bad cos I just felt bad!
After an afternoon of doing absolutely nothing I got in another few miles on flatter ground which went a bit better.
AM: 8.2 miles @ 7.18 HR 135
PM: 5miles @ 6.58 HR 129
Spent the rest of the day agonising, yes agonising over where to do a temporary run today. Whilst there's a nice promenade in Fuengirola, it's made from bricks so no doubt would wreck me. I drove around looking for somewhere else but at 3am this morning I decided to do it on the track. The things that keep me awake at night! With this decided I drifted off dreaming of 5.50 pace or below. On waking up at 8 I could hear that it was quite windy out which reiterated the idea to use the track.
Really struggled, partly due I think to the monotony of the track but more so I guess due to mile repeats 2 days ago. Averaged 5.57 with splits of 5.48, 5.55, 5.59, 6.00, 6.04, 6.02 and 5.48 for the last quarter. Not too bad considering I wanted to stop from about 1.5miles in!!
Treated myself to a crepe and ice cream as a reward!
The plan is to go to the track again Friday as it's closed at the weekend but I'll see what way the body is tomorrow.
Warm-up 2.25 miles. 10k at 5.57 cooldown 2.6miles.

No comments: