Monday 4 May 2009

Munster 5K track championships

Finished 11th (last!) in the Munster 5000m track championships this afternoon. To be honest though I was quite pleased with my performance as I managed to break 17minutes (16.59.75!) for the first time. Was my 2nd track 5k since I came home & managed to knock 17 seconds since the IUAA championships last weekend. Have been running very badly since I came home so hopefully I'm heading in the right direction. The county 5k is on next Sunday so hopefully can shave another few seconds off...

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Hoe can someone with your pace have a 3:30 marathon PR? Did you do that hopping on one leg or what?

frankeee said...

Well it's a while ago I suppose & my other PB's are all a lot more recent. I also tend to get injured in the build up to Marathons which unfortunately has happened this time around again :-(