Wednesday 27 May 2009

Build up to Ballyandreen

My 'home' Race takes place tomorrow night so even though getting into top shape is my number one priority I still want to put up a reasonable performance, not exactly for a crowd that will be roaring me on (there won't be) but just because I suppose if a race passes your front door (twice) one should at least put in a little extra effort. So for this reason the week so far has n't been as tough as I could have made it which is possibly a good thing rather than building back up the miles too quickly. Did an easy run on Monday on grass made more difficult by the gallon of Heineken I had on Sunday night (belated birthday party, kind of), followed by a session last night. Did 300's again and even though they were faster than last week, I could definitely feel Sundays 10K still in the legs so only managed eight in an average of 48secs. Did a very pedestrian 5 miles this morning at the beach followed by 5 minutes up to my waist in the sea afterwards - bracing to say the least. That'll be it now untill tomorrow night, just a bit of stretching to stay loose. Knee seems to be on the mend which is a good thing considering the up and down nature of the course.
Monday: 7.5miles @ 7.29 HR147
Tues: 1.4 warmup 8x300 2 cooldown
Wed: 5miles @ 7.37 HR145

No comments: