Thursday 21 May 2009

Session on

Finally managed to get broadband down in the depths of Ballycotton so no excuse for not posting regularly from now on, we'll see how long it lasts!
Have started back regular training now even though my knee is still giving me trouble. It's not sore enough to not run on it so hopefully if I keep doing the exercises given by the physio it'll sort itself out. Did 6 miles on monday at probably too fast a pace, due to seeing my pic in the 'Echo' (Cork rag) and got a bit excited, ah the vanity! Don't know exactly what pace I was doing though as the Garmin was misbehaving due to heavy tree cover in the woods I was in.
Did a session on tuesday on a grass track in Midleton with a few from the club. Did 12x300m in about 50sec avg. which is nothing to write home about but it was always going to be slower than the track. Had two slices of Cake (it was my birthday, only 3 years to go to Masters!!) at lunchtime and cramped really badly at end and was n't able to do a proper warm down.
What I must say though is there was a 14 year old girl doing 250's with us & she was keeping pace with the best guys there (one of whom broke 15mins for 5K on Sunday) Is this the next Sonia O'Sullivan I wonder...
Was very stiff yesterday so just did 3.9miles at probably the slowest pace I've run in 2 years. Doing the Eagle AC Cheetah run this evening so it was probably no harm in taking it easy...
Interesting to see how it goes, I won't even bother making a prediction but I'd say my PB of 22:04 is pretty safe!
Mon: 6miles @7.19(wrong!) 153bpm
Tue: 12x300m with 150 recovery. 7miles total
Wed:3.9miles @8.04 133bpm

No comments: