Tuesday 10 March 2009

What's another year?


As Johnny Logan said! Yes it's almost exactly a year since I had an entry to this blog, shame on me. My excuse? Well they are numerous: 1. I was pissed off 'cos I did n't break the hour in BallyC. 2. Shortly after my last post I got injured (IT band syndrome) and was unable to train and race the marathon which was the whole point of the blog & 3. I moved back home and did n't have as much free time on my hands. Anyway enough of the excuses, onwards and upwards: A quick summary of the past 12 months:

March - got injured, struggled to get back

June/July - Finally got over my injury and started getting the mileage up

August - starting to get back in shape, managed a new PB for the half marathon

Sep-Dec - Form started to come good, then went, then came good again.

Jan- Unemployed so started training full time, paid off with a team gold at the Munster Senior X-country championships (needless to say I was last scorer)

Feb- Got Job - in Qatar so away from the wind and rain for a while!!

So I pretty much find myself in exactly the same position as last year - away from home and training for a marathon. I think I'm a little stronger than this time last year, but my most important mission is to stay injury free. Longest run has been 18 miles so far. On an easy week this week so that means a handy 8 miles each night with one day off (already taken on Sunday)

No comments: