Thursday 19 March 2009

Session

So I was a bit apprehensive about doing a session yesterday, afterall I had 7 or 8 bottles of Corona (that's a lot for me!) Paddy's night & didn't get to bed untill 1.30am or so, but I needn't have worried. The evening was nice and cool so I said there was no point in putting it off.
Managed to do 4x1mile in 5.14/5.27/5.27/5.31 . I really pushed to get under 5.30 for the last but there was nothing left in the tank. I have to admit I had a tailwind for the 1st one and for more than half of the rest of them, but the way I see it is that speedwork is hard enough so there's no point in doing it into a headwind.
My times did get slower which is not ideal, but pacing on the road is a lot tougher than on the track (especially when you're on your own) so I can live with that. Overall a very satisfactory session. (12 miles total)

No comments: