Tuesday 24 March 2009

Custer's last Stand!

I'm pissed off. I homesick, tired and have an insect or arachnid bite on the side of my leg that swelled up to the diameter of a fried egg. Added to that my Garmin stopped working yesterday. Sunday was long run day but I decided to 'only' do 14 as there's a half marathon here on friday next. Managed the 14 alright but it has to go down as one of my must unenjoyable runs ever. Just couldn't get into a rhythm. This was partly due to the fact that the roads around the camp are literally overrun with 'newbies' with the race coming up (there's a 3k and 6k on aswell). Now this is great as the more people running in the world the better, but some of the guys from India have an annoying habit of 'latching on' when you pass them. They spend the next half mile or so panting like maniacs and pretty much in your back pocket. This causes me to subconciously speed up untill I drop them but there always seems to be a replacement around the next corner. Hopefully after friday they'll sink back into retirement!! A buddy of mine suggested to use it as a Fartlek session but the name of that particular training method gave me an even better idea!!
Sunday: 14miles @7.17min/miles
Monday: 9miles (approx)

No comments: