Wednesday 18 March 2009

Hot n' Steamy

No I haven't decided to make the blog more 'adult themed', it's merely a comment on the weather these last few days, since sunday the temperatures have been hitting the mid 30's during the day and the humidity is quite high also. Humidity is the last thing I would have expected in the desert but I guess we are on a small peninsula sticking into a rather large gulf so maybe that explains it. So onto the running, finished off the easy week last week with 8.5,8 & 5.5. Decided not to do 8 on saturday as I felt tired on friday and thats not what easy weeks are about. Total for the week 47.3miles.

Started this week with my first 20 miler on Sunday and was reasonably pleased with the way it went. Started off at 7.15 pace and gradually brought it down to the low 7's and my last mile was 6.57. My Heart Rate was quite high however - it was into the high 150's by the end but I guess this may have been due to the heat & humidity. I took on water ever 4 miles or so but I guess the heat is still going to have an affect.


Managed 10 on Monday at 7.10 pace @ 147bpm on an even stickier evening so was glad to just get through it. Took yesterday off to celebrate St. Patricks day (see photo, I'm the guy with the beard!) and thankfully today is a bit cooler so should get a decent run in hopefully this evening...


No comments: