Friday 15 February 2008

Running Hours Apart

Today I found myself in the situation where my run began less than 12 hours after the previous one had finished. Reason being I'm flying home this evening so I won't have the time to get one in when I get there. Normally I don't mind finding myself in this situation as it sort of gives a rest day 'for free' before the next evening run. This time however it wasn't ideal as I was out for a colleagues leaving do so only managed 5 hours sleep or so! (I did however manage to stay off the sauce:-)) I definitely find lack of rest takes away at least some of the good of training, but you can't shut yourself off from the rest of the world, or can you...

Thursday: 9 miles@ 7.25min/mile 144bpm AvgHR. First 3.5miles were at 8min/mile with a buddy.
Friday: 5 miles@ 7.14min/mile @ Avg HR 150's.

No comments: