Saturday 23 February 2008

Blistering, and not the pace!

Got my first blister on my foot - ever. My smallest toe on my left foot has been at me for the last few days and this morning was no different. When I took off my shoe afterwards, there was a blister the size of my big toe covering it! I ran early so thankfully it has gone as I'm planning my first long run for tomorrow (16 miles) and the last thing I need is a sore toe! I don't know what caused it - the shoes I have are well worn in at this stage so it's a mystery.

Speaking of shoes I use Nike Air Pegasus for over in England as I picked them up cheap and it saves carrying shoes over and back. I also find rotating shoes is easier on the body, maybe because different models have their own strengths and weaknesses. Back home I use Nike Air Vomero 2's which are really well cushioned. I have a neutral gait so I don't need structured shoes or anything. For racing I use the Nike Vaporfly (pictured) for everything up to 10K. I absolutely love these shoes as when you put them on its like springs because they are so light, and the best part was I got them for £25 off t'internet. Over 10K I wear Nike Zoom Marathoner but I'm still not sure if I will wear them for Cork as I was quite sore after the last 10 miler. I hope I can do as they're fairly light. which might make the difference in the end...


Friday (mostly on a grass) : 8.7miles @7.14min/mile AvgHR149bpm

Saturday: 5.6miles @7.05min/mile AvgHR146bpm

No comments: