Tuesday 26 February 2008

Long Run Blues

Had planned my first long run for Sunday 16miles. Did n't anticipate any problems - how wrong I was!! Started off ok, had trouble keeping the pace down. Had planned on running the first few miles above 7.30 pace but went through the first in 7.15 or therabouts. No big deal. The next few miles were ok but by mile 5 I was really starting to feel lethargic. Thought it would pass but it only got worse. By mile 9 I would have gladly stopped but for the fact that I was miles from home!! Laboured my way back to Staines and as soon as I reached the building I stopped having clocked up only 14.75miles. I think that shows how flahed I was that I did n't even do the 400m to make it up to a round 15miles. I can't explain what happened, but I guess I just had an off day. It's a really horrible feeling being so tired and still having to plug away. I guess it's a feeling I'll have to get used to again as it's an evitable part of longer runs (hopefully longer than 16 miles!) and the race itself. I always find myself questioning why the hell I'm doing this, but it passes or at least it always has - so far...

Monday: 5.8 miles 7.04min/mile AvgHR 145bpm. Felt good, nice to be ok after yesterday.

No comments: