Monday 12 January 2015

Wet 'n' Wild

The weather in Denmark has been pretty crazy for the last few days and indeed all over Europe it seems. Thankfully however it has n't affect training too much. Managed a session on Friday evening, 12x400 with 400m recovery. I had done a few of these sessions of late with two reasons in mind. Firstly I had delusions of being in great shape in time for the Munster indoors (18th of Jan) and needed some proper speedwork as opposed to my usual mile repeats. Unfortunately I'm not in great shape, but intend running the indoors 3K anyway. The second reason was that when I switched back to mile repeats I'd have a bit more zip in my legs. Time will tell but I'm pretty doubtful that it has worked, especially if Friday's session is anything to go by. While I started reasonably well, with two 76's (the previous sessions had averaged 80 seconds followed by 78) but they rapidly fell off with a few high 70's and low 80's. Now the weather played a part as I had to deal with 24 mph swirling winds but I think it was also just one of those days in conjunction with readjusting to the high mileage weeks so I wasn't too hard on myself.
The high winds became even stronger on Saturday and along with rain made for pretty miserably conditions. Managed a little over 12 miles using the mantra "any mile I do today is one less to do tommorrow". 12.4miles 7.45min/mile HR138bpm.
I had set a goal of breaking 80 miles for the week so only needed a short run on Sunday to reach the target. The rain had gone but the high winds continued to I ventured into a local wood to escape the brunt of it. A number of fallen trees provided some interesting obstacles so it was quite an enjoyable run. 5.6miles 7.37min/mile HR141bpm.
Total for week 80 miles

No comments: