Thursday 20 February 2014

Jeg er tilbage (i'm back)

So on the day I ran my first 20 miler in ages  (in training at least) I've decided to resurrect this blog. The usual story, I'm abroad and training for a marathon. Hopefully Limerick on the 4th of May. I'm 6 weeks into a 17 week program, and so far I've made steady progress as I was coming off a very low base, due to a combination of working the day job hard (trying to rid the world of diabetes, sort of) and malaise.
Anyway since the new year I've knuckled down and things have really kicked on since I did a weeks warm weather training in Tenerife in January. I've been doing 3 key workouts each week: a 10k tempo, mile repeats and a long run, which today was 20 miles. The long run follows the tempo to ensure I'm not too fresh starting it. For the past two weeks I've done a medium long run as well of 13 miles on Monday morning before breakfast but this was mainly because I've had Monday off.
So :
Monday am : 13 miles @ 7.45min/mile
Pm : 7 miles @7.45 min /mile
 Tuesday am : 5.5 miles @7.45
Pm 5 miles @ 7.45
Weds : warm up 10k @ 6.05 cool down
Thursday 20 miles @ 7.24 HR 142

No comments: