Saturday 22 February 2014

So Friday and today were easy days as I am planning a 5k race tomorrow. Got completely soaked on Friday so was thankful it was only 4 miles. Was still quite tired after the long run Thursday. Amazing how I felt so fresh after last week's 18 miler in comparison. I think it was a combination of the extra distance and the knowledge of the upcoming race that made me feel so tired, and today is same despite only 3miles. But I did travel home last night so had 3.5 hours driving and a 2 hour flight. Finally I think the rather fast build up in mileage is taking it's toll. Since January I've had gone 50, 60, 62, 72, 76 and 81 last week. The 72 week was planned as an easy week but was the week I was in Tenerife so wasn't going to waste the sunshine by lying by the pool (well I did, but between runs).
Anyway early to bed tonight and we'll see what tomorrow brings
Friday, 4miles @ 7:53 HR 130
Saturday, 3miles @ 8:09 HR 130

No comments: