Monday 13 July 2009

Tired legs

Did the now almost routine 12mile long run in Welshtown woods Sunday morning. I had planned on going to 'the farm' as my body was pretty sore after last Sunday's effort in Welshtown but after the amount of rain that fell on Saturday the farm would have been sodden to say the least. We generally do 3 laps which comes to just under 12 miles & the first one was done very slowly with more energy expended in discussing the (athletic) issues of the week than actually running. About half way through the second lap the pace picked up and it continued increasing untill the finish. I felt comfortably tired & did a few strides at the end to bring me over the 12 mile mark. After the race in Churchtown South thursday week I plan to start making these runs longer as base training for the cross country season. I haven't decided whether or not to take a break first but I'm leaning towards not seeing as I only really started back in serious training at the end of May.
I went out before work this morning to save having to run this evening with the track race tomorrow night and I didn't feel great at all. The pace of the finish of yesterdays run must have taken its toll, with my legs feeling very tired. As soon as I've published this post I'm going to have an ice bath & hopefully a good nights sleep & dreams of 72seconds (or quicker) laps...
Sun: 12.1miles @ 7.16 HR141
Mon: 8.2miles @ 7.09 HR141

No comments: