Thursday 9 July 2009

Easy week

Planned another Tempo run for saturday morning so to ensure I was fresh I did my friday run in the morning. Only did a little more than 30 minutes seeing as I did a little extra on my 'commute' on friday. Tempo run went well although I find I'm trying to beat my previous time which is n't the idea but I guess I would n't be at this lark if I did n't have a competitive streak! I was quicker incidentally & my splits were 5.46/5.40/6.00/5.55/5.43 - around 4 sec's quicker per mile than last time out.
Fri: 4.5 @ 7.24 HR135
Sat: Warmup: 1.6miles 5 miles Tempo @ 5.48 HR172 Cooldown:1.45
Total for week: 60 miles
Did a 12 mile run in the woods with the club on Sunday. Was going to do a session monday with a race on thursday in mind but then decided that I needed an easy week so I just did 40 minutes and another easy 50 minutes on tuesday. I then realised that I actually hate easy weeks! Why? cos the name is deceiving. Sitting down on the couch with a cup of coffee & a snickers is easy. Going out for a run is not. I haven't quite copped this untill now. I always expect that an easy week is going to be great fun but then find it really difficult to motivate myself to get out at all. At least when you're on a normal week the runs all have a specific purpose eg. the day before a session is nice an easy in preparation for the session. Then the session with it's own objectives. The day after is a recovery run and so on. Easy week, it's just running so yeah you've guessed it - I took Wednesday off!!

No comments: