Saturday 11 July 2009

Change of Plan

Was planning on doing another tempo run saturday morning so dragged myself out of bed friday morning to ensure enough recovery time. Managed to get 5 very slow miles done & was definitely feeling the effect of thursday nights exertions. The one good thing was that the weather was nice as the rest of the day turned out to be pure misery with non stop drizzle.
Decided later in the day that I would n't do a tempo run, as I am doing an unofficial 1 mile track race on Tuesday so thought I would be better off with some 400's and do a tempo next thursday instead.
Just as I was getting ready to go I got a text from one of the lads saying that there was a few of them going to the CBS & one of them was planning on doing 1000's. I thought I might give a few of them a lash & end the session with 400's just to get a bit of speed into the legs. In the end I ended up doing 5x1000m and no 400's. We started off at 3.30 & brought them down to 3.23 for the last two. The McMillian Calculator suggests I should be doing them at 3.15 to 3.23, we did them on a pretty rough surface with a few little hills but I guess I could have pushed it a bit more.
Friday: 5Miles @ 7.48 HR132
Sat: Warmup- 2.75 5x1000 with 400recovery Cooldown:1.5miles
Total for week:48miles

No comments: