Tuesday 14 July 2009

Speed Thrills

The ice bath and pretty good nights sleep must have done the trick as I managed to get around the mile in 4.45 which I was delighted with. I had been hoping for 4.50 or quicker so to get to 4.45 was a nice bonus. Not sure where I came but the winner ran 4.26 which is 5 seconds a lap quicker than me but not to worry. Ran fairly smoothly, covering the first lap in about 68 seconds. Settled into a nice pace and started making ground on two lads in front of me. Caught them at the start of the 3rd lap and overtook them after another 100 metres. Had no idea what my splits were at this stage but I'd say I covered the final 400 in just under 70 seconds.
After a short jog we did a session of 8x400's with 400 recovery. I'm not sure if it was the extra 200 recovery or possibly the leftover adrenaline after the race but the first 4 at a shade under 69secs felt very comfortable. I led out the 5th and unintentially registered 66secs. This set the tone for the final 3 which were 65,67 & 65. The last two were pretty difficult but all in all a very satisfying night.
Warmup:2.5 miles Race 1 mile. Jog 1mile 8x400 in 65-68 with 400 recovery Cooldown:1.8

In other news booked my flights to Deutschland for the World Athletic championships next Month - Can't wait!!!

No comments: