Sunday 1 March 2015

Fin de siècle

Today brought a bit of a milestone, my first ever imperial century or 100 miles in a week. Hopefully not the last one but a good week for the first considering that I'm off work. Was awake quite late last night - stayed up to watch the Carl Frampton boxing match and ended up just surfing the net for a few  hours after so it was about 3am before I finally shut my eyes. Was awake around 8.30am but didn't head out for a run until around 10. Had stuffed myself after the long run yesterday so wasn't that hungry so just ate some mango before hitting the road.
Wasn't sure where I'd go so headed off up a dirt road I had found a few days ago. This brought me up into the hills behind the hotel and I found the hippodrome which housed a 400m track which I had originally planned on using . In hindsight I'm glad I didn't as it was very exposed and I can imagine quite windswept so I was probably better off with the one in Fuengirola which has served me well.
Once I got up to higher ground I was keen to stay up there as long as possible to make the last few miles easier, so I ended up doing a few over and backs before finally heading back down to sea level. Felt quite nice once I knew I was into the last couple of miles with a hearty breakfast calling to me and knowing I am heading into a recovery week leading up to Ballycotton.
10.2miles @ 7.25 HR 130

Weekly total: 101miles

No comments: