Saturday 3 April 2010

Upping the tempo

Wednesday & thursday consisted of two easy runs of 75mins and 60mins. Friday I finally got another Tempo run done. The sun was shining, the wind had died down and I was rearing to go! A friend of mine was to join me at the 3mile mark for his first ever tempo run so I was a little nervous as I find them much easier to do alone. Felt very relaxed for the first couple of miles, and even when things started to get tough around 3 miles it was still not too bad. My friend joining me did n't affect me at all but then again he was the one doing the in and out whenever a car came towards which at speed must have been a bit distracting. He left me again after two miles and I could hear his breathing was pretty laboured. Tempo's definitely take a bit of getting used to - which makes them so good I guess!
Splits were fairly even 5.55/5.56/5.52/5.49/5.57/5.50: pretty much the same pace as Ballycotton so happy enough for a 6 miler. After the Intervarsities will cut it back to 5 and hopefully can increase the pace considerably. HR was quite high but I'm putting this down to the heat and lack of sleep the previous night.
Was pretty tired today so just did 45minutes very easy on grass. Still a bit sore now, if I had the motivation I'd have an ice bath but I don't :)
Wed: 10miles @ 7.17 HR151
Thur: 8miles @7.29 HR154
Fri: Warmup:1.6 Tempo 6miles @ 5.54 HR177 Warmdown:3.4
Sat: 6miles @7.48 HR150
Total for week: 55miles

No comments: