Wednesday 14 April 2010

The Countdown is on

After having to rush away on Sunday, my warmdown basically consisting of running back to the car and no stretching, I was fairly stiff on Monday & an opportunity did n't present itself to get a recovery run in. Managed to get a session in yesterday and although my hamstrings were fairly tight during warmup it went well especially as I was doing them on my own. Conditions were perfect, even the slight breeze actually helped keep me cool. Managed 13x400 in 70-71secs and wasn't as knackered as last week but before getting too excited I checked my recovery times and they were averaging about 85secs compared with about 78secs last week. Did about 40mins cooldown to make up for missing monday so am pretty wrecked today. Will go for a dip now at the beach and a light run later. Tomorrows Tempo run is the last long workout before the intervarsities so I really hope it goes well!
Mon: Rest
Tues: Warmup:3.5miles 13x400 in 70-71sec with 85ish recovery Cooldown: 5miles

No comments: