Wednesday 31 March 2010

Setbacks

Managed to get a good session in last wednesday. The extra day recovery after BallyC was definitely a good idea. Did 10x71/72sec 400's and felt strong throughout. For the first time after my break I felt like the fitness was coming back. No doubt the race on Sunday helped in this regard as well.
Unfortunately however I didn't manage to run again untill Sunday as I picked up some bug which prevented me from eating or sleeping. The 4 miles I ran on Sunday felt like the last 4 of a marathon so was glad to just get it over with. Was pretty much back to normal on Monday thankfully so did an hour, and managed another session yesterday so back on track. It was as windy as I can ever remember running in so instead of distance we just did 72secs on followed by 72secs recovery which made for a nice change from laps of the track. Will hope to do a tempo friday especially seeing as I missed doing one last week. Time is passing fast! Next Race will be UCC 10K on Sunday week & I want a PB!!

Last week: 38miles
This week: Sunday 4miles@ 8/mile HR144
Mon: 8miles@ 7/mile HR147
Tue: 10x72sec with 72sec Recovery

No comments: