Friday 23 October 2009

Did I mention I forgot to do some hills?

As I mentioned in the last post I hadn't really done any hill work recently (which wasn't strictly true as I had done 4 x 1200's at some stage in the last month or so). Anyway I decided to put this to rights yesterday & decided to go to Walshtown wood where we do our club hill sessions. I couldn't remember what times I had been getting last year so just went by effort. The session consists of 3 x 0.3mile which gets gradually steeper, followed by 0.2 mile all out sprint on the flat followed by 4 x 0.2mile up a gradual slope & finishing off with 3 x 0.28 mile up a slope that's gentle at the beginning tough in the middle & not too bad at the end. It felt like I was putting in a decent enough effort although in truth I probably was n't pushing as hard as if I was chasing one of my faster club mates. This might come back to haunt me Sunday week as it was exactly 10days away so was supposed to be my hardest session before tapering for the county champ's. Still it's done now so there's no point in mulling it over too much.
Just did 8miles easy this morning as I woke early - nice to have it out of the way!. The East Cork XC champs are on this sunday so will do another easy run in the morning & then relax...

No comments: