Sunday 19 April 2009

Trying to get back on the horse...

Managed my first 10 miler in what seems like an age this evening and it felt good. My HR was through the roof, but in my defence it was really warm when the run started so that probably played a part in it. More importantly my hip which has been driving me crazy for the last week and a bit didn't come at me. I decided to run along the middle of the road as much as possible to avoid the camber and it seemed to do the trick. Up in the air about when I'm out the gap. Was hoping to go wednesday night but apparently there was no seat on the plane & the next available flight is the 27th. My visa expires on the 26th so they're gonna have to get me home somehow! Hope to be home by thursday as the irish intervarsities (http://www.iuaa.org/) T&F champs are on friday & saturday & I'd love a crack off the 10k as I've never raced on the track before. I qualify to run as I'm doing a part time course although I haven't done anything this semester for obvious reasons!)
Summary of past week (pitiful, I know...)
Tue:6mile 7.20 @ 148bpm
Fri:8mile 7.14 @ 154bpm
Sun: 10.3 7.03 @ 159bpm

No comments: