Wednesday 9 April 2014

Despite feeling Ok after Sunday's long run, I was pretty sore on Monday. Thankfully it was a tired muscles sore as opposed to an injury sore. The run Sunday had 248m of ascent and obviously the same in descent, some of the decent's being quite steep. As a result my quads were pretty sore. I understand now why people find the Boston marathon tough! Just got out for 30 minutes or so monday evening. Was happy to note no pain in my hamstring although my hip was a bit sore (as it had been after the 22miler).
Did 75 minutes yesterday and had recovered a bit more but was still a bit tired. Hip still sore but was able to run through it. Did the run on some playing pitches to give the body & the quads in particular a bit of a break. Definitely want to do a session this week, the thought had crossed my mind to do it today, but I think I will just go easy again this evening & hopefully will be fit for fight tomorrow.
Monday: 3.8miles @7.55Min/mile HR118bpm
Tuesday: 10.3miles @7.17Min/mile HR138bpm

No comments: