Tuesday 26 January 2010

Injuries, bad performances & excuses

Since my last post I picked up an achilles tendon injury which meant I only managed 20miles or so in the week leading up to the Munster XC. This included missing a round of the 3K series in midleton. Not ideal preperation but I thought the rest might be a help. Turned out it was n't with one of my worst performances ever which seems to be the story of my XC season. Started well which was probably a bit foolhardy & was in the top 15 for the first lap and a half. Just went back ward after this though and after one of my club mates passed me for the final team spot things went from bad to worse & I ended up in 39th place in the end.
Got back on the horse last week and managed to get 60 miles in and set a new PB for 4miles on Sunday covering the distance in 21.40. Was hoping to break 21.30 but my excuse was that I inadvertently did almost 10 miles on saturday as I got a bit lost while doing a 6 mile run! Still my splits were pertty good with my slowest mile being 5.30.
Did another 5miles Sunday evening & managed to squeeze in 10 last evening so even though my achilles is still not right, I'm getting back into routine.
Sunday:AM Warmup:2miles Race: 4miles Warmdown 3miles
PM: 5miles
Monday: 10.26miles @ 6.49 HR145

No comments: